Coronavirus: latest news
Mechelen follows federal government regulations to contain the spread of the Corona virus.
On Friday March 13th until at least Sunday May 17th, monuments, museums, attractions, cafés and restaurants will be closed and all public events postponed or cancelled in a bid to combat the spread of the Corona virus COVID-19.
- The Tourist Information Office and UiT in Mechelen will open again on 18/05. We always stay contactable by telephone and email and on social media.
- As of 18/05, musea and cultural attractions can open their doors again. Provided they set up an online or telephone ticketing system and take the necessary safety measures. For specific information about a particular location, please refer to the relevant organization.
- As of 8/6, cafes and restaurants can open their doors again under strict conditions.
- All shops will open their doors from 11/05 with security measures.
- Events have been cancelled until at least 8/06. For specific information about a particular event, please refer to the relevant organization.
- A selection of the hotels will open their doors from 8/6, the associated restuarants will be allowed to restart under strict conditions.
- City parks and gardens will remain open.